copyright info (was "Monitor problem")

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 22:38:30 -1000

On Thu, 2003-05-29 21:36, Goofus wrote:
> Angela,
>
> Speaking of e-mail signatures -- I don't appreciate the fact that you quote
> posts from others here, include them in your replies, then attach that faux
> 'Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani' to everything coming out of YOUR e-mail
> box.

Please quote the law, statue, case, common, or admiralty,
that renders my Copyright invalid? We're in private law here.
Obviously I can only copyright that which I author. I do.
Obviously my copyright cannot apply to that which another authored.
Therefore, it is to be understood that my copyright notice applies
to the portions of a posting I authored, not quoted. The quotes
still belong to the author. Further, as copyright law has evolved, it
has been legally construed that EVERY original work is AUTOMATICALLY
copyrighted even without a copyright notice, unless there is something
which indicates that the person has released their rights. I use my own
form of copyleft on my website, but my e-mails and usenet news postings
are copyrighted.

> Our words belong to US, and unless we sign over to you rights and
> clearances to our thoughts and e-mails here, then you have no permission
> whatsoever to use a signature line so blatantly violating our personal
> rights by claiming your posts have copyrights attached to them.

You may need to research copyright law.
I have made no claims to your words.
I specifically disclaim copyright of anything authored by another person,
past, present, and future.

> Get the "copyright" garbage out of YOUR e-mails or don't post here.
>
> Thanks.
>
> D.

not until it becomes official policy of the mailing list owner.

...speaking of which, I think it's time for a ruling that
religious issues either are or are not approriate in this forum,
from the forum owner.

... signature or no, a statement of SUPPOSED spiritual
truth has been made by a participant of this forum, and
if I ever again see ANY religious postings here, I will
begin rebutting them voluminously until religion is
excommunicated from this forum.

"--" separating body from signature, does not make
any difference about the SUBJECT of the words written,
and this is a LINUX forum, nothing else.

--
Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani. http://www.kahealani.com/
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207,