Hello

Hans P Jueng yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 31 May 2003 12:51:20 -0600 (MDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 12:50:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: Hans P Jueng <hjueng@unm.edu>
To: yellodog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Cc: hjueng@unm.edu
Subject: Hello

Hello Folks,

I just installed the Yellowdog 3.0 on a G4 PPC and had two problems that
disappointed me.

First, in the install I was asked which I wanted as my "default" OS - I
chose Linux, but now it only gives me a Linux or CD boot prompt, why does
it not recognize the OS X right off the bat?

Second - I tested the sound and it works and so I popped in a CD and
brought up KSCD - while it seems to be playing no sound.  I used this same
product on Mandrake and it works.  I keep moving around but everyone's PPC
distribution is wanting - I guess I expected more from Yellowdog.

The more I played with the sound - trying to use "artsd" the worse it got.
Now, the system boot and tells me it could not find sound - the solution
being to open the mixer and "move" one of the adjusters, a strange fix.

Any suggestions, Hans