Sound and Logoff Problems

Reid Solberg yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:25:23 -0800

> iMac DV 400, 384MB RAM, 10GB HDD, ATI Rage 128
iMac DV 400, 128MB RAM, 10GB HDD, ATI Rage 128

> Sound - I get all the start up sounds etc, but if i try to play a CD or
> MP3...nothing! I have a faint crackling noie coming from  the speakers at
> all times.
I don't hear a crackling noise, but that may be because that machine is in a
noisy computer lab.  I didn't hear any sounds until I had run the sound
config applet.

> Logoff - In the time I have had YDL installed, i have seen the logoff
screen
> twice. All the other times, it just goes to a black screen. No big deal,
but
> I have to turn off the computer or reset to change logins. It also means
> that Linux is not shutting down cleanly, which I assume is not a good
thing.
I only see the login screen after logging off if I plug an external monitor
into the iMac.  With the iMac's screen blank, I plug an external monitor in
and the login screen comes up on the external, in 640x480.

Reid