Mozilla Firebird

Tobey Wheelock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:26:44 -0500

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:33:34PM +0000, Matt Jones wrote:
> I found this too, but I've no idea what to do with the untarred files.
> Thank god for the newbie list :)

I think you can just follow the instructions at

http://texturizer.net/firebird/download.html#install

        How To Install

        The official releases don't have installers, which means that
        you need to install Mozilla Firebird manually. If you're using
        Windows, you can download an unofficial installer which takes
        care of this whole process, including the creation of
        application shortcuts. If you're not using Windows, or if you
        prefer to download the official binaries, the instructions are
        as follows:

        Once you have downloaded the compressed (zipped) file, use
        Winzip or gzip to uncompress Mozilla Firebird to an empty
        folder. Navigate to the folder you placed the files in. If
        you're running Windows, start the MozillaFirebird.exe file (the
        one with the red fire icon). If you're running Linux, start the
        MozillaFirebird script.

        Note: Do not unzip Mozilla Firebird to a directory that already
        contains a previous version of Mozilla Firebird. Either delete
        the existing directory, move it out of the way or create a new
        directory. If you install Mozilla Firebird on top of an existing
        Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla directory you will have problems.