Installation problems (how to boot the cd?)

crap yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:04:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I think this might be the most stupid question ever, but here it goes: how
can i boot from a cd on a mac g3?

Currently i have a mac g3 if i read correctly, but its old, and 266 mhz if
im correct... grey, cd-rom and a nice 22 inch monitor. I worked with g3's
before but this one looks not like the one i worked with. The case is a
desktop model, its not standing, but kina lying.. if you know what i mean,
maybe its a 7600, but im no mac user...

The crappy mac is running opendarwin... but i would like to try yellowdog,
but the installation doesnt start automaticly... can someone tell me how i
can start the installation, or press a button during the start up, so that
it will boot from cd?

Thanks in advance,

Maikel

--