Installation problems (how to boot the cd?)

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:38:53 -0500

Mr. Crap:

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 09:20  AM, crap wrote:
> It doesnt recognize the disk that i have burned... i read something
> about macs dont recognising 700 mb disks.. can someone tell me about
> that?

You read correctly. The CD-ROM mechanisms used on older Macs (and your
certainly is an older Mac) have problems with 700-MB CDs. Try reburning
your ISOs on old-style 650-MB blanks. Also, before you go too far in
burning disks, check the "md5sum" of your disk images. A *very* common
problem is that there was some error in your ISO download, and the only
way you find this out is that your installation fails half-way through
(which can be very frustrating):

<ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/releases/yellowdog-3.0/>

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>