how to format my external drive?

Edith Frost yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
02 Oct 2003 11:16:25 -0500

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:38, Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> >> [...] you can play with the beta extension for Mac OS X that allows
> >> mounting of the ext2 (Linux) filesystem:
> >>
> >> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/>
>
> I am especially interested with your experiences with this. Let us know
> how well the ext2 drivers work for you in Mac OS X.

Well, I just tried it and it works like magic!!!!!  I installed it and
rebooted to OSX, and when it came back up it not only mounted my
external drive, but my Linux partition as well.  I could browse the MP3s
and drag them to the OSX desktop with no problem.  I didn't want to risk
writing to the disk from there so I haven't tried that, but I'm so
pleased to be able to read the drive from OSX without any monkey
business.  Yippeeee!!!  Thanks a million.

Edith