yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #701 - 12 msgs

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:36:32 -0600

El jueves, 2 octu, 2003, a las 10:18 America/Mexico_City,=20
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com escribi=F3:

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:20:41 +0200 (CEST)
> Subject: Re: Installation problems (how to boot the cd?)
> From: "crap" <crapster@xs4all.nl>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>
> yet another one,
>
> It doesnt recognize the disk that i have burned... i read something=20
> about
> macs dont recognising 700 mb disks.. can someone tell me about that?
>
>> Mr. Crap:
>>
>> On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 07:04  AM, crap wrote:
>>> I think this might be the most stupid question ever, but here it=20
>>> goes:
>>> how can i boot from a cd on a mac g3?
>>
>> Insert the CD, restart the computer while holding the "C" key
>> (lowercase "c" -- you don't need to hold the shift key). This, and=20
>> many
>> other installation questions are answered explicitly in the Yellow =
Dog
>> documentation (really -- it's much better than average). You should
>> download and read the very fine YDL manual:

I need to say this to you, if you own an older mac (pre-imacs) I'm=20
afraid that it must be an old world rom Mac, so it will be necessary to=20=

make a small HFS partition formatted with the minimal Macos classic=20
(7.5.x to 9.2.2) so you can start the installation process from the=20
CD's and, like our dear Dr. Clinton says to you, you maybe need 650 mb=20=

disk's so your drive can read the files needed for the installation.

Good luck!!!

>> <http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/installation/ydl3.0_guide-
>> single.pdf>
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Clint
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal=20=

>> DOT
>> net>

> thanks in advance!
>
> --