Need help adding an entry to yaboot

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:12:55 -0500

Mr. Parker:

On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 02:41  PM, Bo Parker wrote:
> Ah-ha! Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate it.

You are quite welcome! Actually, I *tried* to post the response to the
Yellow Dog mailing list yesterday, but for some reason, none of my
posts have showed up even today.

> I didn't think I had done anything wrong, but my OS X boot disk went
> kablooie anyway.

No, you had done nothing wrong. I only wish that the Yellow Dog folks
would highlight this *frequently* asked question more prominently on
their Web site or in their literature (now that you know about it, you
will see that it comes up at least once a week in the mailing lists).

> Fortunately I keep my backups very current,

What an intelligent man!

> I've been messing with fink, x11, kde, xmms, etc., in OS X for about a
> year, so I'm used to things going weird/going wrong/not working right
> ;)

I played briefly with fink on Mac OS X, but I really haven't had enough
time to experiment. I am looking forward to the day Apple integrates
kde or Gnome more fully with the Aqua environment. Won't that be fun!

> Now the next challenge is to figure out how mount my 200 MB HFS
> partition in YDL.

That is less difficult than it might seem. Look in the YDL mailing list
archives for when *I* asked this question:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-
August/004254.html>

And follow that thread for the wonderful answers I got from Bill
Longman:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-
August/004257.html>
<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-
August/004258.html>

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>