bootx_1.2.2.SIT from iso disk 1 wont unexpand in mac os 8.5, damaged?

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
08 Oct 2003 09:27:24 -0400

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 07:22, gladiool wrote:
> hi, i'm a real newbie
>
> Now i've gotten pretty far, but now i'm stuck. I burned the ISO of
> disk 1 from the yellow dog ftp
> to a cdrom and loaded it in my powermac 7500/100.
>
> Now i can't get the bootx_1.2.2.sit file to expand, stuffit says it's
> corrupt or damaged or end of file.
> This shouldn't happen right? i burned the iso without problems why is
> it not working? I tried copying the file to my
> desktop, but to no avail...
>
> regards,
>
> tim, a newbie

Welcome to the Wunnerful World Of Linux, Tim!
It's good to see other ancient machines out there (7500,w/ a 604e
upgrade here).

You might want to try opening the BootX_1.2.2 file directly from the
boot image. If the files Decompress, Then something went wrong in the
burn process. If it won't, You may need to download the ISOs again.

G' luck

"A Computer Without A Microsoft Operating System Is Like A Dog Without
Bricks Tied To His Head"
                               Bossa Nova

                              masarasnake
                        dontdrill@earthlink.net