Compiling Grip problems

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:07:19 -0700

> I am trying to compile Grip on YDL 3. I am doing this because I wanted
> to use ID3v2 tags. So I downloaded and installed the ID3v2 libraries
> required. Now I am in the process of compiling the latest version of
> Grip. When I run ./configure I get the following error:
>
> configure: error: libhttp is required
>
> Now the Grip web site says Grip needs libGhttp. I have libghttp
> installed. I can see then when I run:
>
> "rpm -qa | grep libghtt"
>
> It returns:  "libghttp-1.0.9-5"
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Diego, oftentimes there is a "devel" package that goes along with the
libraries. Those are the definitions needed when compiling against the
library. You can install the library to use software that uses the library,
as you have done. Were you to install a binary grip, you would be able to
run it because you have the library. In order to compile against it, though,
you might need to find the libghttp-devel package.