YDL 3.0.1 Stalls on boot after install

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:46:33 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm re-sending this out over the list, because I have not had any
> replies after I placed the screen shot up to show what was actually
> going on.  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I've let it sit for over
> two hours where it stalls, and nothing happens.

hm, at least from your screenshot i see your swap space was succesfully
mounted; with me that fails ("incorrect parameter"?), i don't understand why.
i am having difficulties getting X to start, so I am a bit further than
you, and I made some progress in the last few hours by booting
from the knoppix-ppc live linux cdrom. so i could compare XF86Config
files for the two linux's, and even use the live cdrom to copy files
between the OS X and the yellowdog partitions (each system separately
doesn't see the other)

richard