8500 Install Woes

Chris Gehlker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:48:00 -0700

--Apple-Mail-6--689949392

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 04:24 PM, genghis wrote:

> This isn=92t my first install of Linux, in fact this isn=92t my first=20=

> install with YDL, but this is the first time I have tried 3.0.=A0I am=20=

> stuck on a really weird hang up during install/setup.=A0I get to the=20=

> screen that directs you to create a root password and below setup=20
> accounts.=A0When I try to click on one of the blanks to type in my =
root=20
> password, I see the crosshair but the cursor never appears in the=20
> blank.=A0Therefore, I can=92t type anything.=A0I can however click on =
the=20
> add button and add a user without errors.=A0I am installing this on a=20=

> 8500 G3 upgrade with 7GB total space and 176MB of RAM.=A0I have NEVER=20=

> seen anything like this before.=A0Anyone else run into this?

Nope. I've installed on an iBook and a G4. I saw nothing like  that.

--Apple-Mail-6--689949392

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 04:24 PM, genghis wrote:

install of Linux, in fact this isn=92t my first install with YDL, but
this is the first time I have tried 3.0.=A0I am stuck on a really weird
hang up during install/setup.=A0I get to the screen that directs you to
create a root password and below setup accounts.=A0When I try to click
on one of the blanks to type in my root password, I see the crosshair
but the cursor never appears in the blank.=A0Therefore, I can=92t type
anything.=A0I can however click on the add button and add a user without
errors.=A0I am installing this on a 8500 G3 upgrade with 7GB total space
and 176MB of RAM.=A0I have NEVER seen anything like this before.=A0Anyone
else run into this?</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>