(no subject)

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 06:00:29 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/others.shtml

G3 upgrade cards sometimes work, what you need to do is remove it to
get your install to work, once installed you can replace it.  Happy
install!

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 04:24 PM, Chris Gehlker  genghis
wrote:

> This isn=92t my first install of Linux, in fact this isn=92t my
first=20=

> install with YDL, but this is the first time I have tried 3.0.=A0I
am=20=

> stuck on a really weird hang up during install/setup.=A0I get to
the=20=

> screen that directs you to create a root password and below
setup=20
> accounts.=A0When I try to click on one of the blanks to type in my
=
root=20
> password, I see the crosshair but the cursor never appears in
the=20
> blank.=A0Therefore, I can=92t type anything.=A0I can however click
on =
the=20
> add button and add a user without errors.=A0I am installing this on
a=20=

> 8500 G3 upgrade with 7GB total space and 176MB of RAM.=A0I have
NEVER=20=

> seen anything like this before.=A0Anyone else run into this?

Nope. I've installed on an iBook and a G4. I saw nothing like  that.

--Apple-Mail-6--689949392