Open Office

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:03:41 -0400

Hi David,

I downloaded & installed OpenOffice 1.1RC for LinuxPPC; and the copy &
paste function is definitely fixed in that version. The site I
downloaded from is:
        ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/software/openoffice/
I just had a look at that site & it looks as if the final 1.1 version
has now been released. (The "RC" in my version, referred to above, means
"Release Candidate.") It's a big download, but I didn't have any trouble
compiling/installing once I got it all.

Good luck getting a good version. I like OpenOffice--but a version w/out
C&P is pretty close to useless.

--Harvey