CD Writer recognition

Chris Gehlker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:41:08 -0700

On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 04:03 PM, mascarasnake wrote:

> Howdy Ho!
>
> Having a coupla probs with my CD-RW:
> Vendor: TEAC
> Revision number: 1.1C
> Product ID: CD-W54E
> The drive is detected and mounts perfectly fine - as a CD-ROM.
> /etc/fstab was created, I assume, by kudzu:
>
> "/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,rw 0 0"
>
> It works fine on the Mac (9.1) side, but I can't get it going here with
> YDL
>
> cdrecord -scanbus only recognizes my SCSI bus, and the drive is an
> ATA/IDE gizmo.
>
> Can anyone point me in a direction or link?

At least until very recently, cdrecord didn't believe in ATAPI writers.
Another popular program still doesn't believe in ATAPI burners. The
convention is to treat burners as SCSI devices.

I don't understand how it is that  your install didn't map your burner
as a SCSI device. Mine is mapped that way and I didn't doa nything
special.