Very newbie to YDL!

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:36:15 -0500

Mr. Martin:

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 02:42  PM, N0DIH wrote:
> I tried to install YDL 3.0 on my 8500/G4-450/44GB/18GB/512M ram. The 2
> SCSI drives are on a 2940 SCSI card flashed to Mac, and it would not
> see the 18GB at all, and all it wanted to do was format the 44GB
> drive, which is a good active HFS partition that I cannot erase at
> this time. I had a 500 MB drive on the external SCSI but it didn't
> like the size.

This is a common bug in the installer (Terra Soft alleges they fixed
this in YDL 3.0.1). You can work around it as shown on these pages:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/dual-drive-
fix.shtml>
<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/dual-drive-
avoid.shtml>

Or, as Chris Gehlker puts it:

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 03:47  PM, Chris Gehlker wrote:
>> Does anyone have advice?
>
> Don't mess with YDL 3.0 on a system with two spindles. It's too
> upsetting when your HFS+ drive goes away. The 3.0.1 version is
> available on CD. I suppose  the ISOs will be  up soon.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>