username/password not accepted

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
30 Oct 2003 10:16:28 -0500

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 01:24, Arthur Freeman wrote:
> Hi
> Have installed Yellowdog 3.0 successfully, apparently, but am unable to get
> past the username/password screen. have tried the advice given back on July
> 7th. Quote ' log in as "root' with full "powers" under root password' with
> no success probably because I don't understand the advice. Any possibility
> that the procedure could be explained to me in plain language, preferably
> English.
>
> T.I.A
>
> Arthur

Hey Arthur,

Welcome to the Wunnerful world of YDL.

At the risk of sounding stupid (and/or insulting) If you remember the
passwords that you set up during installation, is it possible that you
may have accidentally had the caps lock on?

"A Computer Without A Microsoft Operating System Is Like A Dog Without
Bricks Tied To His Head"
                               Bossa Nova

                              masarasnake
                        dontdrill@earthlink.net