PPC vs Intel

John Van Hoorn yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
31 Aug 2003 19:50:18 -0500

I'm new to the Mac/PPC world and am unsure of the issues with leveraging
"linux" applications that are for Intel based systems in the PPC
environment.

One item that seems to be a prerequisite for installing these "intel"
based apps is having the "Kernel-Headers" installed, as well as the
Kernel source.

But I've had no success finding the YDL Kernel Headers, and though I've
attempted to install the Kernel sources, I'm not sure it was successful.

I have YDL 3.0 with kernel 2.4.20-8d installed on a Powerbook G3
(lombard-bronze keyboard).

Can anyone point me to specific resources on dealing with these type of
issues?

John Van Hoorn