Skins for xmms MP3 player

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:43:43 -0500

William:

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 12:15  PM, William Thomas wrote:
>> I just discovered the xmms media player for Linux.
>
> did you compile it yourself or did you download it? I would appreciate
> a link to it as i need a medi aplayer and wasn't looking forward to
> compiling videolan as my first project.

xmms is part of the basic installation of Yellow Dog. In KDE, look for
it under the kicker icon -> Sound & Video -> Audio Player (I know, I
know: nowhere is it called "xmms," nor would a newbie know that "xmms"
was an audio player).

If that doesn't work, you can try "yum install xmms" (as you can see in
another thread, I am still new to this method of installing software).

Best wishes,
Clint
(who is back in Mac OS X, after playing all morning in YDL)

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint.macdonald@sbcglobal.net>