Problems with power mac 7300

Dan Willson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:51:46 -0500

I haven't installed YDL 3.0 on my spare 7300 at work (dead power supply in
an external SCSI drive with YDL 2.3), but I couldn't get through a GUI
install on a 7300 with previous YDL releases. The text install always
worked, though.

This is with the stock internal SCSI CD-ROM, right? You mentioned a rather
large hard drive (which makes me think ATA), and now I'm wondering if you've
swapped the SCSI CD drive out for an ATA unit (something I've never tried on
an Old World Mac from this era).

Dan Willson
ponyboy@uab.edu