G3, YDL, OSX

Ted Parks yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:37:12 -0700

Upgrading to an 80 gig HD in my beige G3, I want to install both OSX and
YDL 3.0 in addition to running OS 9.2.2. I was unsure about the YDL
installation because the beige G3 requires OSX to be put on the first 8
gigs of the HD.

The YDL installation How-To says to create three partitions on the HD to
install OS 9, OSX, and Yellow Dog, with the first partition for YDL. Can
I still boot into YDL using BootX if I put YellowDog on the second or
third partition, after OSX? How would you suggest I partition the drive,
that is, how many partitions should I create, and in what format
("unallocated" for YDL, OS Extended for the others?)? What order should
I put OSX, OS9, and YDL in on the drive?

Thanks,
Ted  Parks