Trackpad Tap

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:36:23 -0500

>  > There may be folks who may not know they must press OPTION-F2 (no
>>  function key) to toggle trackpad tapping on, enable dragging and
>>  drag-lock.  I was discouraged after the trackpad worked during
>>  installation but was not working once the system booted.
>
>Scott,
>
>You can also change the /etc/sysconfig/trackpad file.
>
>Mine says:
>
>TRACKPAD_OPT=drag
>
>The options are, notap, tap, drag, and lock. They are in cumulative, too. In
>other words, using tap implies notap. Using drag implies notap, and tap.
>Lock implies all three.
>
>Bill

Thing is, I've tried changing that file to lock and drag, and I don't
get anything different on my 1 GHz Powerbook G4 15" (last 15" TiBook
; today's announcements are on Albooks). Any suggestions on how I can
try again and test? I just tried dragging a terminal window and it
didn't respond.

Haven't tried opt-F2 hwoever.

		SC

--
Suman Chakrabarti, Ph.D.
Thermal / Fluids / Plasma Propulsion Modeling Engineer	(& Kitchen Sink)

TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
Huntsville, AL  35812
			Schedule:	<webcal://ical.mac.com/scstr/Work.ics>

TD40 is a part of the Space Transportation Directorate at NASA MSFC
Any opinion expressed is my own and not that of NASA

"If it's Sumanly possible, it'll be done."