Classic on a new iBook? SOLVED!!

George R. Zachar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:44:21 -0400 (EDT)

TerraSoft's ace support geeks
solved my problem in less than
one day.

I just took the three "iBook software restore"
CDs that came with the iBook, and let them
"restore" the software that, apparently, was
not part of the original setup.

Nothing else on my system was altered, and
I was instantly able to run seamlessly
in "Classic" mode.

Thanks to all who emailed!

George

------------------------
Attempts to invoke "Classic" mode on my spankng new
iBook, 12", 800 Mhz G3 Radeon 7500, iBook, 12",
800 Mhz G3 Radeon 7500 gets following message:

"Classic Startup found no system folder on the boot volume from which to
start Classic. See your documentation for instructions on installing Mac
OS 9.1 or later."

I then get sent to a dialogue box that says "There is no volume with a
system folder that supports starting Classic."

Suggestions?

George Zachar