Installation Hangup

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:34:16 -0400

Hello All,

I am brand new to the list, hopefully someone here can help. I am
trying to install YDL 3.0 on a beige G3. Everything runs fine through
Druid and initial setup, until It goes to install the rpms and whatnot.
When it goes to install the first one (desktop pkg, glib IIRC), it
never installs it. It just sits at 00:00:00 for installation time and
0% complete. I let it sit for 2 hours, not a bit of progress.
The *only* thing I can think of is it really just doesn't like me, or
at least the scsi hard drive im trying to install it on. Any tips?

Thanks,
~Ben aka The Penguin