ibook won't sleep in KDE?

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:02:50 -0500

Samuel:

On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 12:29  PM, Samuel Clough wrote:
> I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but when I first loaded YDL
> 3.0 and was using the default window manager, it would sleep just fine
> when you closed the lid.  I'm now using KDE and have it set up with my
> preferred styles and when you close the lid, the ibook does not sleep.

I don't know the exact answer to this question, but as a
troubleshooting tool, try creating a new user (Dog menu -> System
Settings -> Users and Groups). If the problem is truly due to your
customizations, and not to a global setting, this new user should sleep
normally.

> If anybody knows of a good battery monitor for KDE, I'd appridate it
> too. Apparently the applet supplied with YDL only works under Gnome.

What about KLaptop? Right-click on the panel, choose Panel Menu -> Add
-> Applet -> System Tray -- I know, "System Tray" doesn't sound like
"Battery Monitor" to me, either. This is Linux, remember? :-)

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>