Anaconda(YDL 3.0)-install won't work on eMac 800 from late 2002

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
20 Sep 2003 04:52:48 -0400

Here's a little ditty you might want to try.

First, just try typing 'startx'

This should start your Graphical interface. If it does not, There are
probably some problems in your XF86Config file. If it does start your
GUI, Then you need to change how your computer boots.

If 'startx' gets you to the GUI, Then hit CONTROL+ALT+F2. This will take
you to the back to the text interface.
enter 'cd /etc'
then 'pico inittab'
a few lines down,you should see a line "id:3:initdefault:".
change the "3" to a "5". that should set your system to boot to the GUI.
Hit CONTRL+x
'y' to save your changes
enter to confirm the overwrite
then 'reboot'
That should  get you to your GUI login. If it doesn't, Then most likely,
there's something awry in youe XF86Config file which is a whole 'nother
can of worms.

Goog luck...
James