A thanks to Clint MacDonald and the su '-' option

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
21 Sep 2003 10:15:46 -0400

Thanks muchly for the little tidbit on the su otion. I've been trying to
access the pdisk function dor quite awhile, alas, to no avail. I added
the '-' option to my login and "BINGO!" up cones the disks on my
machine. I now realize that Linux at least recognizes that my Apple OS
HDD exists.

This is the official explanation from the man pages on the '-' option
under 'su':

-, -l, --login
	 make the shell a login shell

It Appears to just tell the machine "No, really, I am the administrator.
Really, I am."

Thanks again. I may have searched forever trying to figure that one out.
A query for you (or anyone who may be able to help):
Any idea how I can make MOL recognize that drive? It's a seperate
physical drive running OS 9.1 (OldWorld System) This is the Disk I run
Xboot From. MOL will recognize My Startup CD, But not the other HDD. Can
I manually enter the info in the /fstab file?

                              Bossa Nova,

                              mascarasnake
                        dontdrill@earthlink.net