Keyboard Question - ADB vs USB

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:09:11 -0500

Jim:

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 02:28  PM, Jim Bennett wrote:
> One other question if you might know - the original hard drive is a
> 6-gig SCSI which will not be partitioned, i.e. only YDL going on this
> machine. RAM is 384-megs.
>
> Will this be enough memory and storage for database development
> (MySQL) and scripting (PHP mainly) with testing on Apache 2.x?

Terra Soft has this to say about hard drive space:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/faq/drive_space.shtml>

QUESTION: How much space is required for an installation?

  Personal Desktop: 1,901MB
  Workstation: 2,258MB
  Server: 855MB
  Everything (all packages): 5,031MB

The "Server" installation sounds like what you want -- therefore, your
only limitation would be the sizes of your databases.

Terra Soft has less to say about RAM requirements, but that will be
more application specific. I think most folks might say that 64-128 MB
is the minimum for personal use of Linux. Therefore, unless you are
wrangling some really huge datasets, 384 MB should be plenty.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>