Cannot start some apps in Gnome.

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:47:57 -0500

Diego:

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 07:33  PM, Diego Barros wrote:
> I am having trouble starting some application in gnome. For example, I
> cannot start XMMS from the Gnome start menu, but I can start it from
> the command line. Also when I click on the "Mozilla Web Browser"
> button in the panel, nothing happens. Is there something I can do (see
> some log files etc) to help track the problem? Maybe it's a problem
> with gnome itself?

To test whether the problem is with Gnome or with just one user, create
a new user and see if s/he has the same issues. If not, then you
"overconfigured" your Gnome environment. Right-click (or hit F12) on
the panel bar; you might be able to remove then re-add the offending
applications.

Sorry, this is the best I can come up with. :-(

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>