Radeon 8500 Install

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:18:52 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C382A6.515F5B98

Hello,

This is my first email, so please be kind. I have a Radeon 8500 and an LCD
monitor connected to the Radeon's DVI port. Nothing graphical will work when
connected to this port. Graphical stuff works find when connected to the
Radeon's VGA port. Problem with that is OS X looks horrible on when
connected to the VGA port. DVI is much sharper.

So, how do I get YDL to use the DVI port. I'm sure it's some X configuration
problem since text works find through DVI.

Thanks!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C382A6.515F5B98

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Radeon 8500 Install</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This is my first email, so please be =
kind. I have a Radeon 8500 and an LCD monitor connected to the Radeon's =
DVI port. Nothing graphical will work when connected to this port. =
Graphical stuff works find when connected to the Radeon's VGA port. =
Problem with that is OS X looks horrible on when connected to the VGA =
port. DVI is much sharper. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">So, how do I get YDL to use the DVI =
port. I'm sure it's some X configuration problem since text works find =
through DVI.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks!</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C382A6.515F5B98--