beige G3 blues

Francis Maier yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:43:39 -0600

I gave up.  ;-(

Fran

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Parks [mailto:th.parks@verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:15 AM
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: beige G3 blues

I have tried to load Mac OS9.2.2, OSX, and YDL 3.0 on a Maxtor 80 gig HD

I installed in my beige G3. After some very good suggestions from the=20
list, I created a partition of just under 8 gigs for OS9 and OSX;=20
another of about 36 gigs for work and storage; and left the rest=20
unallocated for YDL. Everything installed well, but when I tried to get=20
OS 10.2 to boot by changing startup disks in OS9, the G3 produced a=20
blank screen.

I am sorry to post this query because I think it is an often-raised=20
question. But how do I partition my beige G3 HD to install and use=20
OS9.2.2, OS 10.2, and YDL 3.0? I will appreciate any suggestions or=20
links to suggestions.

Thanks,
Ted Parks