beige G3 blues

william nelson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:36:47 -0500

UNSUBSCRIBE

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-newbie-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-newbie-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Joshua Mitchell
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:22 PM
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: beige G3 blues

I'd do the following
Use disk tools to completely clean the disk (i.e. erase eveything)
Use Disk Tools to create two small partitions one for OSX one for OS 9
assign everything else as free space
install the OSX and OS9 on their relative partitions (note partitions
need to be named macosx... and i can't rememeber the name for macos, it
think it may be macos)

once that is installed, install YDL 3.0 and when it comes time to set up
yaboot say you want to add partitions to the startup... add the two mac
partitions

then, use yaboot when you want to start into another operating system

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 08:14AM, Ted Parks
<th.parks@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have tried to load Mac OS9.2.2, OSX, and YDL 3.0 on a Maxtor 80 gig
HD
>I installed in my beige G3. After some very good suggestions from the
>list, I created a partition of just under 8 gigs for OS9 and OSX;
>another of about 36 gigs for work and storage; and left the rest
>unallocated for YDL. Everything installed well, but when I tried to get

>OS 10.2 to boot by changing startup disks in OS9, the G3 produced a
>blank screen.
>
>I am sorry to post this query because I think it is an often-raised
>question. But how do I partition my beige G3 HD to install and use
>OS9.2.2, OS 10.2, and YDL 3.0? I will appreciate any suggestions or
>links to suggestions.
>
>Thanks,
>Ted Parks

Joshua Mitchell