eth1 and eth0 fail at startup

Kristian T. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:58:28 +0200

eth0 = your ethernet port
eth1 = your airport port

If you do not have an airport card eth1 should not be started up at all.

About eth0 - are you connected via ethernet when you boot into ydl? If not,
then it will fail.

So when using a portable computer it might be nicer to handle the
connections yourself, so you don't have to wait for eth0 to fail when you
boot it up in the train or where ever you are using your iBook.

You can adjust the settings for the two ports in

Where you can set "onboot" to "no"

Then you are in control on when to startup your ports (using ifup - see then
man pages on that for more info (or post again))

Have fun.

Kristian T.