ftp client and compatibility

Tobey Wheelock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:10:55 -0400

> Just wondering about ftp clients. I'm looking for a decent GUI ftp
> client. for kde. The built in ftp transfers with Konqueror are slower
> than mollasses and I'm used to Interarchy on the Mac side.

I use gftp (http://www.gftp.org/) which, as Clinton suggests, I had to
download the source code for and compile. At this point I can't remember
if I had to download and compile any gnome libraries for gftp.  (I have
had to for some gnome apps.)

It (gftp) is a pretty good ftp program, similar to wsftp on Windows.
There may be others out there more similar to Interarchy, though.

At this point I have mostly switched to sitecopy
(www.lyra.org/sitecopy/) which, though it requires editing text
configuration files, makes it a breeze to upload website changes.

Tobey Wheelock