ftp client and compatibility

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:27:55 -0500

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 04:21  PM, mascarasnake wrote:
> Once again, Dr. MacDonald to the rescue.

Awww, shucks! I'm still *very* early in the Linux learning curve, and
making it up as I go along. I sounds as if your experiences and mine
are parallel -- I know Macs real well, but just started on YD Linux.

> I've been a little hesitant as far as the command line and compiling
> go. I know macs 7.0 - 9.1 from the ground up, but this is all new to
> me. Kinda scary - I've already had to reinstall 4 times. So this time
> I'm taking it slow and asking all the stupid questions.
>
> Here I go Compiling. Wish me luck.

Bonne chance! Let us know how your adventure goes, and keep good notes.
Once, I tried very briefly to compile an application, without luck. I
typed "make," and I got "Command not found." I will have to return to
it someday and figure it out.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>