Switching between

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:32:55 -0500

John:

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 09:47  PM, John wrote:
> You are right about the session though, but for me the only options
> for this are Last, Failsafe, Default, and KDE. I do not have Gnome as
> an option. I think when I loaded it I did the Workstation and made KDE
> my default login. I know that their are Gnome folders so Gnome must be
> loaded.

Aha. There's your problem -- Gnome is *not* installed by default
(though some of its libraries are). I clearly remember having to select
Gnome by hand during the YDL installation.

Unfortunately, your options are to install Gnome using the "yum"
system, or reinstall YDL, and be sure to select Gnome during the
package choices chapter.

Sorry for the bad news. :-(

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>