Evolution Email

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:37:29 -0700

> I usually use KMail, but decided to try Evolution for a try.
> I had a problem
> though.  When a message came in it deleted it from the server
> which it was
> supposed to do and then expunged it.  It just got rid of it
> all together and
> did not even allow me to read it or even see it in my intray.  I was
> wondering what setting I may have set for this to happen.  I
> would also like
> to know how I can get it to auto complete.  I do not want to
> type in the full
> email address each time.  KMail works fine in that it will
> show you an email
> address similar or maybe exactly to what you want.  You
> select it and then
> just write you email as normal.  I can not seem to find this
> in Evolution.

There's a setting you must check when you set up your mail host so it
doesn't delete the mail. It's usually just a check box. And it's almost
always the default to delete the mail from the server.

Evolution is pretty good, especially for its "Views". You don't need to have
messages residing in a single folder, they live in logical views. You can
have messages from "Joe Friday" live in the "Joe" view AS WELL AS in the
"LAPD" view.

I thought the latest version of Evolution had drop-down email addresses but
maybe I'm wrong. I haven't used it since March, so I don't really remember.
I still pretty much have to use Lookout, I mean Outlook.

Give Evolution another try, it's pretty good. I still swear by Eudora, but
Evolution is probably the next best thing.

Bill