can't partition HD for installation

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:29:34 -0500

Mr. Dean:

Mdean wrote:
> this url doesn't work, and what's more, the instructions in that guide
> don't work either.

I think you are being overly harsh and unkind in your comments.

Mr. Mascarasnake took the time to try to help Mr. Brent with his
problems. The URL might or might not work (it works fine for me), but
that might be due to odd line breaks in an e-mail client -- something
that would not be under anyone's control, but that could be easily fixed
by a diligent reader. Furthermore, the instructions in the Yellow Dog
installation guide *do* work, and work well, if one follows them
precisely. For those rare instances the instructions (which can seem
counterintuitive to a long-time Mac user) do not work, Mr. Brent can ask
more detailed questions to which Mr. Mascarasnake or anyone else will
almost certainly give a detailed reply.

> I think I now know the reason for the "yellow dog".
> These distro jerks are too yellow to get their
> customers up and running, so they are real dogs.

This too, is unwarranted and mean-spirited. The folks at Terra Soft
(developers of Yellow Dog Linux) are doing their best to make a little
bit of money from a product that they give away for free. If sometimes
they do not live up to your expectations in this quest, then I recommend
you reexamine your expectations. They certainly do not deserve the kind
of ad hominem attack you have given them. If you have specific issues
with the company, I suggest you contact them directly.

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: