can't partition HD for installation

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:22:46 -0400

Hey, Mdean-

YDL is a distro of linux, NOT Mac OS or Windows. It is free both in
price and in lisence. The majority of linux distros and apps are
created and maintained by folks who do so for little or no financial
reimbursement. They do it because they enjoy doing it - ergo, their
responsibilty is not to you, the end user/customer, but to the
project(s) they are working on and refining. To use an analogy, Don't
get pissed at Jackson Pollock if you don't get Abstract Expressionism.
He was too busy painting to explain such things.

If you purchased your YDL CDs, your money went to:
	3 Install CDs, 3 Source CDs.
	"Getting Started with Yellow Dog Linux" book.
	Yellow Dog Linux T-Shirt (with Supported box set only).
and ...
	Yellow Dog Linux sticker.
Probably about $80 worth of stuff.
You were also given the option to purchase tech support for roughly the
price of a pizza and some beer.
Not A Bad Deal.

The guide works. It is just a little confusing on certain issues, as I
tried to point out.

If you had followed the end of the line for the link I sent instead of
stopping at the blue text for the link, (then Copy and Paste to your
browser), you would have found that the link, indeed, did work. I found
that this breaking of links happens frequently on this list. I don't
know if it's a client or server issue, but it happens.

Linux is probably the most the most complex OS out there, with the
steepest learning curve out there. It is not for the faint of heart.
That's why the art world created Art Historians and YDL (along with
other linux distros) created their mailing lists. We are here to help
you out. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. If not,
please, by all means, get drunk and bitch to your friends.

Wow, I got thru that with only one four letter word!

g'luck in your computing endeavors.

	It's what you make it man
	Takes time
	A little bit