DHCP IP address

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:33:37 -0500

Mr. Cox:

jcox wrote:
> Why is there no ifconfig in YDL?  How does one go about finding out your IP
> address if it's set by DHCP?

I am pretty sure that ifconfig is there. You will need root access of
some kind to view it ("sudo" is best, but "su" will do). If you have
configured sudo, then from your user prompt, type "sudo /sbin/ifconfig"
and enter your user password when asked.

If this doesn't work, let us know!

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: