Maybe I'm thick but...

Julian Opificius yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:58:26 -0500

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:15:47 +0100
Sean Lewis <sean@mbd-ltd.co.uk> wrote:

> WHERE THE HELL IS APACHE?
>
> I want to use my linux YDL 3.1 Box as a webserver, I started the service but
> when I browse to the machines ip address in my browser it says "the
> connection was ferused when conecting to blah blah blah"
>
> Is it a firewall problem? or a httpd.conf problem
>
> The file system doesn't seem to follow apache convention and a quick whereis
> from the terminal couldn't even tell me where a httpd.conf file might
> reside.
>
> Im fairly new to linux and also fairly stumped.
>
> Any info would be much appreciated.
>
> Sean

Darn Brits ;->

Try /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.

Although there must be something wrong if you don't get at least the default page. I tried "http://localhost" in my browser and got it.

Make sure the service is really running by running

"/etc/init.d/httpd status"

and then check firewall settings, I guess.

Here's one for you: where the hell is your company contact info? I
couldn't find your location on your website. I don't have macromedia
flash on my ydl install, so I coudn't see your main navigation bar till
I looked you up on my Windows browser. Thought you might like to know :-)

--
julian. (another brit)