yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #955 - Message 2: Gentoo too new

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
28 Apr 2004 16:30:08 -0400

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:45,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:58:15 -0700
> From: Mdean <mdean@sourceview.com>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: Bastille linux and Red Hat equivalent to YDL
>
> My best advice is to switch to gentoo PPC so you can avail yourself of
> the latest and greatest security stuff.   Why try and make an old dog do
> work?

Hi Dean:
I was going to cross swords with you but I found another way.  I'll let
someone else do it -- a pro.  You'll notice what has been said by this
individual matches elsewhere what I've said about Gentoo.

Enjoy:

And the FOUNDER OF GENTOO QUITS!:
http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;332536329;fp;2;fpid;1

As I reported earlier on this list... the strength of Red Hat and the
manner in which Terra Soft brings to the Mac PPC environment is
consistency and reliability.  This is NOT easy to do and Terra Soft
deserves much praise in maintaining this standard while also tolerating
the variety of malcontents that most people tend to be.

And then -- deannooo -- there is you.  You like the leading and bleeding
edge, well Gentoo is more than ready for you just like a cracked surfer
board shaking apart while riding a strong wave with sharks along either
side looking at their food, which given the temperment and insults
you've expressed, might just be you!

As for me, I'm staying with Terra Soft... I've been with them since
Champion Server and have benefited from conversing with and
communicating via email with Kai and others and even though I have been
myself difficult -- I have never shown anything but respect and
appreciation for their hard work and their accomplishments in how they
have served me and this country.

Given what you've written -- deannooo, gee kinda rhymes with dunnno --
you ought to be really careful because you are the kind of person right
now, that some people won't miss AND some others may even applaud your
disappearance.  You had better change that attitude while you can.
Hopefully that will be soon.  Everyone in their youth is allowed to be
-- well just the way you are now -- for a certain amount of time.

Don't wait too long or you may find the effects of what your mouth has
spoken and the words you have written come back at you with as little
concern as when you turned them loose on others -- as we here are all
witnesses.  This universe has strange and terrible paybacks, Dean.  Wise
up and get prepared to change now while the payback is yet small.

Did you graduate high school?  You never studied the play, King Lear by
Shakespeare?  There is a very critical and sad line spoken by the court
jester, whose official title was Fool.  The words were spoken by this
Fool to King Lear after everything that mattered to him - his titles,
his kingdom, his home, was stolen from him by the one person he loved
most because -- well study the play and learn for yourself.  The words
spoken by the Fool to the King after such loss was, "Thou shouldst not
have become old, until thou hadst become wise."

I hope, Dean, you have the chance to become wise, before your current
brusqueness and carelessness entraps you and it is too late.
Best wishes...