yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #962 - Last Comment on Gentoo

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
30 Apr 2004 03:11:21 -0400

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 10:19,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

Well, Dean:
I opened you up like a surgeon and it was unfair.  But you started down
this track.  I know I got you all flustered and all and you waved your
Ph.D. and all that other stuff about your company in India. Yadda,
yadda, yadda and more yadda.  Guess what... I don't care.  It doesn't
matter and your work is SO nowhere in comparison to what Terra Soft had
done that you don't have to worry about me.  Your real worry is your own
mouth, what you think and how you express it.

You are still very much like a kid who never grew up who got caught
doing whatever worked before and everyone has gotten to see just how
incomplete a thinker and analyst you are.  How is it that technicians,
technical writers and so on, not just me -- were able to address and
resolve what you could not?  Isn't it possible your analytical process
wasn't thorough??  But instead of considering this possibility which any
human being experiences from time to time, you in your childish
narrowness disrepected in a very offensive manner Terra Soft, the
company and the individuals who work there AND who are the SAME people
ALLOWING YOU TO DO SO ON THEIR LIST.

ALSO their work deserves professional respect from everyone, BUT
ESPECIALLY YOU WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER, that in serving our military with
solid product they are also PATRIOTS serving in time of war.  And still,
narrow minded person that you are, refused to think, seeing only that
your little toys didn't blink and make the pleasant beeps you wished.  I
don't know where you went to school but my guess is that your teachers
would cringe to see what you said here on this list.  They would be
embarrassed for you.

Your lack of thoroughness is amazing, but that is your problem -- not
mine.  Maybe you missed a core part of American education.  You have to
think completely and be responsible for your own thoughts and words and
actions.  This is how great work and contributions are always done.  The
focus is always on the product itself, and those who buy the product
will utilize it accordingly.  When one buys a product one takes the time
to thoroughly explore it, work it through and work it through again.
Ask questions by all means of the creators, but don't trash it because
you are too lazy to do the next level of analytical examination.  And
certainly don't insult the creators because you are not thinking at a
sufficient depth.  This applies equally whether it is Microsoft or Terra
Soft or something else.  And given that the problem is your own creation
-- incomplete analysis -- eventually you will have problems with Gentoo
as well and go into another fit.

I better tell you now.  Not many people survive in India popping off
insults as you seem to like to do, no matter who they are.  No culture
on this planet is THAT GENEROUS.  If you can't change, best off for you
to stay in the states.  The Canadians won't take to that, and Mexicans
-- well, you best stay in the states.  But you may have a rough time
from now on anyway, as it is clear that you insulted a company serving
our military in time of war.  Don't wonder if your funding and anyone
attached to you starts backing away from you real soon.  Lists like this
are examined all the time, especially companies who serve the military
as Terra Soft has done.  You didn't think of that either...I suppose.

I hope your thinking can deepen and expand... because as quod erat
demonstratum you have gotten yourself into a situation where you are
outclassed and filleted.  Although you probably don't understand that
yet either.

Perhaps at root here is understanding what the Ph.D. means.  First,
although the training is decent -- it is limited to the topic and
subject covered.  Some people I have known collect Ph.Ds the way other
people collect bottles or coffee cups or whatever!  Second, no academic
degree on the planet approaches any topic or study the way a genius
can.  It's been tried.  Most Ph.D.'s and Dr. MacDonald is one of them is
very good at spotting such minds, and they work with them learning from
them -- as opposed to insulting them as you have done.

The mark of genius is the creation and support of an atmosphere of
collaboration for minds which work, analyze and explore, seriously
passionately and deeply -- like this list -- they allow for a sangha to
occur, which is very much in evidence here.  Sangha, by the way is
Sanskrit, for community.

I noticed that you have not apologized to Terra Soft and the employees
of Terra Soft.  You probably are under the misleading thought that your
position is at least equivalent to anyone there.   Au contrare, mon ami
-- your language and insults have revealed that you are not worthy even
to address the janitor there.  You like a spoiled child are quick to
speak with hot words, but loath to take the medicine of washing your
mouth out with soap.  Do not worry about me.  I don't know you, nor do I
know anything about you other than what you have expressed.  You went
far beyond critique with your insults.  I would not allow Americans who
made a gracious contribution of effort for our collective defense suffer
such abuse as you have given without returning an equally difficult to
bear response.  I have done nothing but prepare a response to you Dean,
in defense of those who deserve recognition, applause and appreciation
and that is, I hope a small way to express at least a small salute to
Kai Staats and his team of employees -- at least from me, as my way of
saying "Thank you".

The root word of genius, is also from Sanskrit - genii - meaning light
or spirit divine.  Light has always celebrated and recognized light in
all its forms without regard to race, color or status throughout every
variation of religious, spiritual and intellectual expression it has
been the same.  Ghandi could not have claimed membership in every
religion without this, nor could Christ, Buddha, nor any true teacher
speak without recognition of Light and its generosity and beneficience.
You can step up to the plate and try again with the rest of us as we all
do -- Dean, but you must leave behind your belief that anyone at all
deserves any abuse at any time -- for any reason.

How you deliver your apology to Terra Soft is your affair; however you
are a man and you don't need a Ph.D. to be a man.  You were man enough
to voice your insults here on this list, be man enough to recant and
apologize likewise on this list - amongst other men and women.  There
are no children here.

I'll explain one more thing.  In many parts of the world, including
India and many other nations, a person without Honor is a person to
avoid at all costs and in all circumstances regardless of wealth, status
or fame.

Until then, Dean, despite your vaunted puffery of important sounding
titles and status -- I think nothing of you.  Nothing at all.  Don't
worry about me Dean.  Worry about those who may agree with me and begin
to choose of themselves, to think nothing of you as well.