X86 Startup Problems

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 10:32:33 -0700

> I just installed YDL and I'm having problems with the window manager
> thingie; it won't start.  I used the defaults that the installer gave
> me for my monitor and video card.  I'm on a 450 Mhz G4 with an Apple
> Studio Display and a Rage 128 Pro video card.  It looks like the
> problem is with the setup on the video card or display somehow.

Mark, you may have noticed that there's been no reply to your question yet.
It's because no one can determine why your window manager thingie won't
start.

Give us a description that's more indepth and we can help you troubleshoot
it. You've given us good information about your setup but without more
details on whether or not this is an X server problem or a window manager
problem, none of us will be able help.

And for all noobs, Eric Raymond's FAQ is required reading!

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise