Very Newbie question

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 09:37:51 -0700

Young Richard, flamebait this is. Easy the answer to this question is not.

Look at LTSP to minimize your headaches, but that requires a big central
server. A simple Gnome desktop gets them there with most of the apps they
need. KDE works, too, but it's got lots more hog factor than Gnome, so on
older machines, I'd opt for "tastes okay, less filling".