What the FAQ (was Re: Noobie list)

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 23:14:07 -0400

> [2] A simpler approach might be to have a text-based FAQ that could be=20
> simply hosted on some Web site somewhere, and we could post to the=20
> mailing lists a link to it once a week.

This sounds good. What we need is a central information source for
answers to common questions arising from using Linux on a Mac. We don't
need to duplicate the work of general Linux help sources. For instance,
it doesn't take long to find the answer to editing your fstab file, but
it might take longer to learn how to get audio CDs to play on your Linux
Mac.=20

I don't have much free time with my day job as a writer, but I'd be
happy to lend the free wordprocessor cycles to a FAQ.

Ed