What the FAQ

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 5 May 2004 08:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Clinton MacDonald <> wrote:
> Ed:
>
> Ed Sutherland wrote:
> >>[2] A simpler approach might be to have a text-based FAQ
> >
> > This sounds good. What we need is a central information source
> for
> > answers to common questions arising from using Linux on a Mac. We
> don't
> > need to duplicate the work of general Linux help sources.
>
> My thoughts, exactly!
>
> > For instance, it doesn't take long to find the answer to
> > editing your fstab file, but it might take longer to learn
> > how to get audio CDs to play on your Linux Mac.
>
> That's for sure! (Grumble, grumble.) Audio is Not Quite There (TM),
> yet.
>
> > I don't have much free time with my day job as a writer,
> > but I'd be happy to lend the free wordprocessor cycles
> > to a FAQ.
>
> Hmmmm... writer.... :-) It sounds as if you volunteered!
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint

Some of the other lists I belong to avoid posting the FAQ on a
website, by emailing it once a week to the list.  Since the Noob list
and the general lists are being archived once again I think emailing
is a viable solution.  As to what should go into it.... hmmm...

Definitely better install instructions for old world mac.
What to type in open firmware to get cd install.
Video kernel arguments to try.
etc...