Panther

john gardiner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:48:43 +0100

This worked for me on a 2003 iBook. Avoids having to actually install
or run Jag:

- boot up from jag CD. Run Disk Utility and format/partition
- now Quit the installer; since it only  offers restart, on restart,
actually force shut down
- manually remove the Jag CD
- Add in the Panther CD1 and then restart.
- Install Panther into the HFS+ partition set up by Disk Util from the
Jag CD
- Then install YDL

Guess there must be a better solution than forcing it to shut down and
manually grabbing the CD out...but amazingly, this worked.