CAD/AEC software before buy...

Krischan yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 9 May 2004 13:34:39 +0200

On Sun, 9 May 2004 11:47:13 +0100 (BST)
Jacques Toerien <halfloaf_jt@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> My first post to this list, hope it's right...
>
> I'm looking for info on any CAD/AEC software that I
> will be able to use on YDL3? I've looked all over
> 'googling' my way thru' the net but have only found
> commercial packages for RedHat, Fedore etc. Some are
> released under GNU but not many.
>
> Will I be able to compile one of the freely
> distributed apps and use it on YDL?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jacques Toerien.
>
> PS: I have no problem paying up to about _500 ($400
> odd)for the software, it's just finding something that
> will work...

Hello Jacques,

I recommend "qcad" ( http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html ). It is a lean, fast and powerfull CAD app. You can download the scource code (licence: GPL) and compile it under YDL 3.0.1. It works fine for me! qcad ist limited to 2d drawings. However it can handle "dxf"-files (AutoCAD ?) and comes with a small libary of parts.

Have fun!

Krischan